People with mental health conditions often find counseling helpful.
Talking with a counselor can help you deal with thoughts, behaviors, symptoms, stresses, goals and past experiences. Talking about personal issues can be hard, but it can help you come to grips with problems in your life. It can also offer an emotional release and a sense of really being heard, understood and supported.
Therapy can help you to:
– feel stronger in the face of challenges
– change behaviors that hold you back
– look at ways of thinking that affect how you feel
– heal pains from the past
– build relationship skills
– figure out your goals
– strengthen your self-confidence
– cope with symptoms
– handle strong emotions like fear, grief or anger
– and enhance your problem solving skills.
By sitting in a safe space and being able to tell our story, without feeling judged, we move forward and closer to regaining our power and control.
We can understand together how our thoughts affect the way we feel about something, and therefore the behaviors and choices we make afterwards. If we can better manage these aspects of our lives, we are closer to reaching our personal goals and improving how we feel about ourselves and our relationships with others.
Working at your own pace, clarifying the goals you want to achieve, will ensure that this is a service tailored to you, your needs and expectations.